One of the most soothing places you can imagine! The Glass House is located on a hill that rises about 40 meters above the lake Iväg and offers a fantastic view of the lake and surrounding forests. Enjoy the perfect peace and tranquility with the knowledge that our reception is only a 10-minute walk away.
Watch our film about the 72 Hour Cabin!
“This morning when I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was the lake and the tall trees and I realised that I’m truly here and it’s not a dream! I kept staring at it for a long period of time before finally dragging myself out of the comfy covers. “
Baqer Keshwani, participant in The 72 Hour Cabin
72 Hours Cabin
Accommodation in Glashus
A different, relaxing and wonderful accommodation. Stay on your own promontory a bit above the lake away and spend the days hiking in the woods, kayaking and watch on the moose.
When you arrive at us, you will be welcomed by a guide. Over a cup of coffee with a snack, you will receive information about what to expect in the next few days. Then you take to Glass House (located 800 meters from the reception). Once in place you go through how everything works, with outhouse, fire place, rowing boat, bathing place and more.
The basic package (72 hours) costs SEK 7695/person for single booking and SEK 4995/person for two people.
The price is including all the food mentioned in the program.
Ps. It is possible to book overnight stay only one night for 2500 SEK/Glass House (then includes accommodation and breakfast).
The following meals are included:
- Welcome Coffee
- Three breakfast kits delivered to Glass House
- Two lunches served in the dining room at the experience Centre
- Three dinners – choose whether to eat in the dining room or bring your food to the Glass house and arrange your own barbecue dinner.
You stay on your own promontory a bit above the water level, about 800 meters from the stenebyrestaurant and the reception. As the closest neighbour you have some huts a stone’s throw away, otherwise the glass house is well separated from the outside world. Why not start the day by taking the rowing boat out on a fishing trip in the light of dawn?
In addition to enjoying the peaceful nature and spectacular views of both lake and forest, there is the possibility to book various activities. Why not try kayaking or gold panning in the Stenebyälven, take a ride on horseback or make a visit to the Moose Park and greet the king of the Forest. You can also get a guided forest tour and learn to follow the animals ‘ trails and make fire without matches, as well as test on the venerable branch of archery.
The basic package includes:
- 72 hours stay (i.e. three days) in the unique Glass house
- 160 cm wide Bed
- Backpack with seat base, cutlery boxes, knife and ignition steel, matches, water bottle, headlamp, flashlight, first aid kit, mosquito pins and a brochure about Dalslands activities
- Basket with extra blanket, flashlight, photovoltaic charger, water, glass, map and tourist brochure about Dalsland
- Access to rowing boat and two fishing rods
- Bathing Place near Glass House
- Fire place for cosy barbecues
- Outhouse near the Glass house
- Access to toilet and shower in the experience centre (800 meters away)